Why York Rite?
Why you should join the York Rite fraternity
(Or, what's in it for me)
1. The York Rite is a brotherhood of liked minded men where you can trust every person and trust your family with them also. The York Rite further solidifies the oaths that you took as a Master Mason and makes you a member of a community of men that fully supports one another.
2. The York Rite is brotherhood within which, using moral and civil guidelines, free thought, free speech, and spiritual growth, a man can grow into his fullest potential.
3. The York Rite is a fraternity wherein you can meet outstanding individuals from all walks of life, that you might not otherwise have had the opportunity to meet, know, and call Brother, Companion, and fellow Sir Knight.
4. The York Rite is a fraternity that is guided (as is the Blue Lodge) by the principal tenants of Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth - with the search for your own life's truth being one of the principal goals.
5. The York Rite is a fraternity that provides opportunities for you to learn self development, leadership, and the ability to improve your public speaking skills.
6. The York Rite is an extended Brotherhood where one can go to seek support as well as give it. It is a further opportunity for you to contribute and support your greater community and to be a meaningful part of it.
7. The York Rite is a fraternity where moral virtues are taught, and through these teachings, a regular reinforcement of these moral virtues is experienced.
8. The York Rite is an opportunity to spend time with true brothers, who by acting as good men, make you want to become a better man. Not better than others, but better than you would have otherwise been.
9. The York Rite is a place to become better equipped to serve your Church and your community - as the Knights Templar Orders are Christian based.
10. The York Rite is a place to meet established members of the community and to become a part of that community of Brothers, Companions, and Sir Knights.
11. The York Rite is an opportunity for you to find out what was "left out" of the "Blue Lodge" degrees and to fill in the blanks that are there (whether you know it or not). It shares with you "The Master's Word" and informs you why it could not be given before. You become a "true Master Mason" that knows the "Master's Word".
12. The York Rite gives every Master Mason the opportunity to experience further spiritual growth and obtain a further understanding of what "the hidden mysteries of Freemasonry" are really all about. No Master Mason's education is complete without experiencing the York Rite series of Degrees and Orders.
13. If you believe in "what we stand for", are seeking further light beyond that of a Master Mason, and are of a like mind, you should be a member of the York Rite.
14. It's a lot of fun and a further opportunity to participate in the Freemason fraternity while becoming a "Sir Knight" (Knight Templar).
The noble heritage of York Rite Freemasonry is yours to experience and enjoy. The regular meetings of the various groups are conducive to firmer relationships and a closer spirit of Friendship and Brotherly Love. Being a York Rite Mason does not mean that you are elevated to a "higher rank". Being a York Rite Mason is an educational opportunity to help you realize the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man in your own life. We invite you to claim this heritage and become a part of the York Rite fraternity that devotes itself to finding further truth and enlightenment.
York Rite goes beyond the charitable contributions of the Blue Lodge. Each of the three groups in York Rite support their own charity. For more information on the charities supported by each group, please look at the "Charities" page under each group on the menu at the left.
Ask for a petition and join the York Rite and find out for yourself.